HPR Aluminum 427 Forged short block
The 427 destination has always been a special one for Chevy, and our forged 427 short block makes for a special build in a number of ways. Starting with a sleeved Gen IV aluminum block, we fill the internals with quality forged components.
ARP main studs keep the caps in place and all dimensions are carefully measured and machined to our exacting specifications for clearances. A forged 4.000 stroke crankshaft is the foundation of the rotating assembly. Hung off the crank we use a forged H beam K1 rod with ARP fasteners and our own designed piston manufactured by Wiseco. The entire assembly is balanced and assembled here in house for the ultimate performance and reliability you expect from HPR.
Approx compression 11.45:1 with stock LS7 cylinder heads
- Darton sleeved Gen IV LS aluminum block
- ARP Main stud kit
- Forged steel crankshaft
- K1 Forged H beam connecting rods
- HPR designed pistons by Wiseco with LS7 valve reliefs
- HPR designed and spec piston ring pack
- All components Ultra Sonic washed before assembly
- Machine work and assembly done in house at HPR
- Your choice of 24x or 58x crankshaft reluctor wheels
- Short or Long post crankshaft for normal oil pump or OE dry sump
**Timing chain, camshaft, and oil pump NOT included
***ALL ENGINES ARE BUILT TO ORDER - Please contact your sales rep for build time and ETA